Matt Cutts, with Google’s webspam team and Google’s authority on best practices for SEO shares his insights on the new Google Penguin 2.0 update which is suppose to be a major update to Google’s algorithm.
The key theme for Google is to keep making it harder for people to spam their way to the top of Google’s top organic results. Their goal is to make it more and more difficult to rank to increase PPC revenues with their Google Adwords program and to make the search engines have the best user experience.
You can watch the Google Webmaster Video by Matt Cutts about what to expect in SEO in the next coming months and after this major Penguin 2.0 update.
**(Google Penguin is a webspam change and update to eliminate “black hat” seo methods that work, or use to work)
Some of the tips he shares for the next Penguin 2.0 update are;
- Make a great website, (great design, great user experience, fast loading times, with useful information and low bounce rates)
- Make your website a place people want to come back to over and over again, share, and bookmark.
- Become an authority
- High quality content
Some of the Google Penguin 2.0 Updates he mentions are;
- Eliminating successful rankings due to paid links, paid press coverage, or paid advertorials within content
- Focused on niche/shady areas like payday loans, porn sites ect..
- Deny upstream links from link spammers and make them less effective
- Detect hacked sites and communicate to webmasters better
- They are adjusting algorithm based on authority sites
- They are looking to eliminate clusters of urls from the same site for one search result.